Pierogies (Dumplings) with apple and cinnamon
2 Cups of wheat flour
½ tea spoon of salt
1 Cup of warm water
In addition to:
2 spoons of butter
Sugar (to taste)
3 – 4 spoons of wheat flour
1. Mix the dry products together in one bowl to make the dough (flour –
salt – warm water).
2. Peel the apples in a circular shape and cut them into equal parts.
3. Grate the apple pieces, place them in a plate, and mix them with
cinnamon powder and sugar to make the stuffing.
4. The dough is rolled out, then the stuffing is placed inside and the dough
is cut into the dumplings’ shape.
5. A pot of water should be brought to a boil, then add a little salt.
6. Place the dumplings in salted water for 5 minutes, until they float to the
surface of the water.
7. Take out the pastries, drain them, and serve them on a plate decorated
with delicious apple slices.